Frederick Community College, Central Plant Study
WAI provided mechanical, electrical and plumbing engineering consulting services for Frederick Community Colleges’ central plant study which included an 800-ton cooling tower, a 450-ton cooling tower, two 450-ton chillers and a 310-ton chiller.
Features and requirements incorporated into this project included:
- Interviewed the facilities and plant operation staff,
- Reviewed all existing central plant documentation,
- Surveyed all MEP central plant equipment,
- Evaluated the existing system configuration,
- Estimated the existing life of the equipment,
- Assessed the energy efficiency of the equipment and configuration,
- Evaluated the capacity to meet the heating and cooling loads,
- Developed schematic diagrams,
- Prepared construction cost budgets,
- Identified Energy Conservation Opportunities,
- Compared projected growth to the plants capacity’s,
- Evaluated the limitations of existing building,
- Developed schedules for equipment replacement based upon findings, and
- Provided recommendations and developed alternative central plant and utility options.
- Location: Frederick, Maryland
- Size: 300,000 sq. ft.