About Weigand Associates, Inc.
Weigand Associates, Inc. (WAI) was formed in 1992 to provide premier mechanical, electrical, lighting and plumbing engineering for architecture. Always striving for excellence, WAI provides the highest level of engineering services developing innovative and sustainable solutions in concert with the development of architectural designs.
Our experience encompasses: studies, renovations, new construction, adaptive re‐use, major system retrofits, and construction administration services. WAI’s sustained record of delivering highly successful projects while consistently meeting schedule and budget requirements has led to an excellent record of repeat clients within the mid-Atlantic and set the foundation for growth. WAI is a certified Women Owned Small Business.
Elizabeth Weigand – President
Education: Pennsylvania State University, Bachelor of Architectural Engineering, Structural Specialization – 5 year professional degree
- Founding Partner, Director
- Principal-in-Charge of Operations
- Former Federal Agency Facilities Engineering Manager & COTR
- Former Project Engineer in a Washington-based Structural Engineering Firm
Michael Weigand, PE, LEED AP – Vice President
Education: Pennsylvania State University, Bachelor of Architectural Engineering, Environmental Systems (Mechanical / Electrical) Specialization – 5 year professional degree
- Co-Founding Partner
- Principal-in-Charge of MEP Design
- Former Engineer of Record & Project Manager for a National Healthcare Engineering Firm
- Former Project Engineer for a Regional MEP Engineering Firm
- Former Project Engineer for an Institutional & Process Engineering Firm
Peter Pahno, PE – Senior Mechanical Engineer
Education: Virginia Polytechnic Institute & State University, Bachelor of Science, Mechanical Engineering
- Performs all roles necessary in HVAC design and construction support including: energy analysis, load calculations, life cycle cost analysis (LCCA), CADD, equipment selection and submittal review.
- Mr. Pahno is a member of ASHRAE
Adrian Olajec, CPD – Senior Plumbing Engineer
Education: Kosice Technical University, Bachelor of Science, Mechanical Engineering; Montgomery College, Additional Studies
- Leads all plumbing design efforts
- Member of ASPE
W. Scott Anderson, PE, LEED – Senior Electrical Engineer
Education: West Virginia University, Master of Science, Electrical Engineering; Bachelor of Science, Electrical Engineering; Bachelor of Science, Computer Engineering
- Leads all electrical design, CADD Drafting, process and instrumentation drawings, quality control and construction administration.
- Member of NSPE and IEEE
Kanika Puri – Marketing Coordinator
Education: Virginia Commonwealth University, Master of Science, Global Marketing; Christ University, Master of Business Administration; Jaypee University of Information Technology, Bachelor of Technology, Computer Science
- Leads the development, design and execution of proposals in collaboration with the Principal-in-Charge and assists with identifying business development opportunities
- WAI liaison for SMPS and SAME